San Francisco beats San Jose State, 76-71Dec 9, 2009 - 5:14 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP) -- Dior Lowhorn scored 20 of his game-high 26 points in the second half as San Francisco broke its six-game losing streak with a 76-71 victory against San Jose State on Tuesday night.
Lowhorn, who came off the bench for the first time since the 2007-08 season is returning from a one-game absence due to illness, scored 10 consecutive points to key a 25-5 run that put the Dons ahead 50-43 with 10:53 remaining.
San Francisco (3-6) held on for its first win since beating Division II Dominican on Nov. 16.
Adrian Oliver scored 17 points to lead San Jose State (3-4), which held an 11-point lead at intermission but frittered away that advantage by allowing the Dons to shoot 66.7 percent from the floor in the second half, with 31 trips to the foul line.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 71
SAN FRANCISCO 76 FINAL
Dec 9 12:09 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 34
SAN FRANCISCO 23 HALFTIME
Dec 8 10:46 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9
- San Francisco hits road seeking upset of No. 6 Gonzaga Jan 8
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23