South Carolina State tops High Point 76-63Dec 10, 2009 - 3:59 AM ORANGEBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jason Flagler scored a season-high 20 points and Darnell Porter added 15 as South Carolina State defeated High Point 76-63 Wednesday night in the second game between the two schools in 10 days.
The Bulldogs (5-1) avenged their 74-66 loss on Nov. 30, taking a 30-29 halftime lead, then hitting 51.9 percent (14-for-27) from the field the rest of the game.
On South Carolina State's first possession of the second half, Corey Law stole the ball and scored on a fast break to give the Panthers (4-4) their first lead since early in the game. The Bulldogs quickly regained a five-point lead before a 3-pointer by Eugene Harris made it 40-38.
After South Carolina State again pulled away, Harris hit another 3 - he was 4-for-10 - to make it 56-52, but High Point could not get any closer.
Harris had 16 points and Cruz Daniels added eight points and eight rebounds for the Panthers.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- No. 15 Pittsburgh holds off SC State Dec 17
- SC State comes calling on No. 15 Pittsburgh Dec 17