San Diego State beats Cal State-Fullerton 82-68Dec 10, 2009 - 5:12 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Kawhi Leonard established career highs with 23 points and 18 rebounds to lead San Diego State to an 82-68 win over Cal State-Fullerton Wednesday night.
Billy White also scored 10 of his 14 points in the second half for the Aztecs, who have won four straight games.
San Diego State, which missed 19 of 32 free-throw attempts, including seven consecutive shots from the free-throw line, only led 15-12 after committing five turnovers in the first 10 1/2 minutes of the first half. But the Aztecs went on runs of 11-2 and 8-0 in the first half and led by 16 at halftime.
Jer' Vaughn Johnson, who transferred to Fullerton (3-3) from San Diego State after the 2007-08 season, had a team-high 19 points in the loss.
Leonard's 18 rebounds were the most by an Aztec freshman since Michael Cage had 20 rebounds on Feb. 24, 1981.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21