Christopher, California turn back Pacific 79-54Dec 10, 2009 - 6:16 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Patrick Christopher had game-high totals of 22 points and 10 rebounds Wednesday night to lead California to a 79-54 victory over Pacific.
The Stockton Showcase turned into a showcase for Cal's shooters as the Bears shot 53 percent in the first Division I basketball game played at Stockton Arena. The crowd of 8,704 was the largest ever for a Pacific home game.
Jerome Randle had 15 points and six assists for the Bears (6-3), who took command early in the first half and extended their lead throughout the game.
Jamal Boykin had 13 points and six rebounds for Cal, and Jorge Gutierrez added 10 points.
Michael Nunnally led Pacific (6-2) with 16 points and four rebounds.
Cal limited the Tigers to 33 percent shooting and held Sam Willard, Pacific's leading scorer, to one point.
- NCAA BB
PACIFIC 54 FINAL
Dec 9 11:49 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CALIFORNIA 41 41
PACIFIC 27 27 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
CALIFORNIA - JAMAL BOYKIN 12, PATRICK CHRISTOPHER
12, JEROME RANDLE 10
PACIFIC - MICHAEL NUNNALLY 10, ROYAL EDWARDS 6,
DEMETRECE YOUNG 4
Dec 9 10:49 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16