Eastern Kentucky routs Ohio Valley 74-58Dec 10, 2009 - 2:12 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Josh Taylor scored 20 points and Eastern Kentucky hit 13 3-pointers in a 74-58 victory over Ohio Valley on Wednesday night.
Taylor was 5-for-8 on 3-pointers as the Colonels (7-2) went 13-for-26 from beyond the arc. They entered the game second nationally in 3-pointers (10.9 per game) and ninth in 3-point percentage at 44.2.
The Colonels pulled away with a 12-2 run, led by Taylor, who hit two 3-pointers before Josh Daniel made one for a 38-27 lead with 4:16 left in the first half. Taylor then hit another 3 for a 41-27 lead over the Division II Fighting Scots (1-5), who have lost four straight.
Justin Stommes hit four 3-pointers and finished with 15 points. Papa Oppong added 15 points and Daniel scored 11.
Rodney Everage had 16 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ohio Valley. David White scored 12 points and Donavin Vinson and Micah Mills scored 11 points each.
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14
- Colonels hope to lick fourth-ranked Badgers Dec 14
- No. 10 Illinois tops Eastern Kentucky Dec 16