Lafayette defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 73-57Dec 10, 2009 - 3:25 AM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jim Mower scored 15 of his career-high 23 points in the first half and Lafayette pulled away from Fairleigh Dickinson 73-57 on Wednesday night.
The Leopards (5-5), who snapped a four-game skid, scored the last seven points of the first half -- including five by Mower -- and the first 10 of the second half to take a 20-point lead.
Ryan Willen added 18 points and a season-high nine rebounds for Lafayette, which is one win away from coach Fran O'Hanlon's 200th win in 15 seasons.
All 15 players on Lafayette's active roster played at least 3 minutes, with Jason Mintz, the Leopards' leading scorer, playing only 15 minutes and scoring three points.
Lafayette shot 42.1 percent from the field (24-for-57) while the Knights shot 32.1 percent (17-for-53). The teams combined for 44 fouls.
Kamil Svrdlik and Terence Grier scored 13 points apiece for Fairleigh Dickinson (1-9).
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9