Green's 25 leads La Salle past Rider 69-60Dec 10, 2009 - 3:09 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.(AP) -- Rodney Green scored 25 points, seven assists and six rebounds to lead La Salle to a 69-60 win over Rider on Wednesday night.
Aaric Murray had 12 points and Kimmani Barrett added 11 for the Explorers (6-2), who won their third straight game against the Broncs (6-4). La Salle leads the all-time series against Rider 23-6.
Rider trimmed La Salle's lead to 60-58 on Mike Ringgold's dunk and his putback layup with 3:15 left in the game. But the Broncs would pull no closer as Green followed with a score on a fast break and later hit a free throw to help the Explorers pull away.
Ryan Thompson scored 16 points and Novar Gadson finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds for Rider. Mike Ringgold also pitched in with 10 points and 10 boards.
La Salle went on a 20-7 run in the first half to take a 27-13 lead with 7:20 left in the first half.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29
- Explorers seek upset of eighth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 28
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25