Duquesne 39, West Virginia 68Dec 10, 2009 - 2:16 AM By JOHN RABY AP Sports Writer
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) -- Kevin Jones scored 16 points and No. 6 West Virginia built a big lead early and manhandled Duquesne 68-39 on Wednesday night.
Wellington Smith added 11 points and Da'Sean Butler scored 10 for the Mountaineers (6-0).
West Virginia bounced back from a 10-day layoff and had little trouble beating the Dukes (6-3) for the seventh straight time. The Mountaineers jumped ahead by double digits four minutes into the game and led by as many as 34 points midway through the second half.
With leading scorer Melquan Bolding still recovering from a broken right wrist, Duquesne committed 24 turnovers and was held to a season low for points.
Damian Saunders led the Dukes with 12 points.
- Press Virginia meets its match, ousted by Stephen F. Austin Mar 18
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- WVU's goggled junior Devin Williams has opened some eyes Mar 15
- West Virginia's deep bench led by top scorer Jaysean Paige Feb 25
- West Virginia dedicates statue to "Hot Rod" Hundley Feb 20
- West Virginia forward Jonathan Holton reinstated to team Feb 11
- Huggins critical of team after No. 9 WVU loses at Florida Jan 30
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- West Virginia preview capsule Oct 28
- WVU's Huggins wants 'Press Virginia' to commit fewer fouls Oct 28
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Kentucky dominates West Virginia start to finish Mar 27