Yale defeats Bryant 69-54Dec 10, 2009 - 3:37 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Michael Sands scored 13 points and Alex Zampier added 12 as Yale beat Bryant 69-54 on Wednesday night.
Sands, who also chipped in with seven rebounds, was just 4-for-10 from the floor but went 5 of 5 at the free throw line for Yale (4-6). Zampier - who came into the game leading the Ivy League in points (19 per game), steals (25) and free throw percentage (92.9) - added three steals and hit both of his foul shots.
Greg Mangano also added 12 points and Paul Nelson chipped in 10 for Yale, which evened the all-time series at 1-1.
Yale opened the game on a 26-8 run and never looked back, leading by 12 points at halftime and outscoring Bryant 33-30 in the second half to seal the win.
Raphael Jordan paced Bryant (0-9), which has played eight of its nine games on the road this season, with 14 points. Michael Chroney added 11 points and 10 boards.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15