Notre Dame beats IUPUI 93-70, Hansbrough scores 22Dec 10, 2009 - 2:34 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Ben Hansbrough scored 22 points, Tim Abromaitis added 18 and Notre Dame took command early en route to a 93-70 victory over IUPUI on Wednesday night.
The usually slow-starting Fighting Irish (9-1), who hadn't led by double digits at halftime since their season opener, used an 11-0 run early in the first half and another near the end of the half to take control. Notre Dame shot 53 percent in the first half while holding the Jaguars (7-3) to 26-percent shooting, opening a 45-22 halftime lead.
Hansbrough (15), Luke Harangody (11) and Abromaitis (10) all scored in double figures in the first half.
Robert Glenn led the Jaguars with 19 points, although he had just four points at halftime. Harangody had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Irish.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IUPUI 22 48 70
NOTRE DAME 45 48 93 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IUPUI - ROBERT GLENN 19, ALEX YOUNG 18,
LEROY NOBLES 14
NOTRE DAME - BEN HANSBROUGH 22, TIM ABROMAITIS 18,
LUKE HARANGODY 16
Dec 9 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 45 HALFTIME
Dec 9 8:16 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17