Oral Roberts edges Missouri, 60-59Dec 10, 2009 - 3:56 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Michael Craion's layup with nine-tenths of a second left and interception of the ensuing inbounds pass capped a late rally that gave Oral Roberts a 60-59 victory over Missouri on Wednesday night.
Dominique Morrison scored 17 of his game-high 21 points in the second half for the Golden Eagles (6-4). Morrison had seven of Oral Roberts' last 11 points and assisted Craion's winning basket. Craion had 14 points and eight rebounds.
Marcus Denmon came off the bench to score 17 points for Missouri (5-3), but missed a free throw on the front end of a one-and-one with 9.2 seconds left.
Craion grabbed the rebound and passed it to Morrison, who fed Craion for the winning shot that bounced around the rim twice before falling through the net.
J.T. Tiller added 13 points and Justin Safford scored 10 for the Tigers, who held their biggest lead at 50-39 after Laurence Bowers' tip-in with 8:21 remaining. Missouri still led 55-45 before Kyron Stokes' layup with 5:45 left began Oral Roberts' final surge.
Morrison's three-point play cut Missouri's lead to 57-56 with 1:22 left. Bowers' tip-in with 46 seconds remaining gave Missouri a three-point lead. Kevin Ford's dunk on an assist from Morrison reduced the Golden Eagles' deficit to 59-58 with 10 seconds left and then Denmon was fouled on the inbounds pass.
Ford had 10 points and 13 rebounds for Oral Roberts, which outrebounded Missouri, 39-32.
Missouri didn't lead until ending the first half with 12 consecutive points, the last an 8-foot shot by Safford with 4 seconds remaining for a 26-24 lead at intermission.
Craion scored the first three points of the second half to give the Golden Eagles a 27-26 edge, but Tiller answered with a 3-pointer to put the Tigers ahead 29-27. Missouri led the rest of the game until the final second.
Oral Roberts jumped out a 6-0 lead as Missouri did not score in the first three minutes. The Golden Eagles remained ahead for most of the first half and led 24-14 with 2:20 left before the Tigers tied the game with a 10-0 run ignited by Denmon's trey and 3-point play.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MISSOURI 26 33 59
ORAL ROBERTS 24 36 60 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: MISSOURI - MARCUS DENMON 17, J.T. TILLER 13, JUSTIN
ORAL ROBERTS - DOMINIQUE MORRISON 21, MICHAEL CRAION
14, KEVIN FORD 10
Dec 9 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MISSOURI 26 26
ORAL ROBERTS 24 24 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
MISSOURI - J.T. TILLER 8, MARCUS DENMON 6, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 4
ORAL ROBERTS - KEVIN FORD 8, WARREN NILES 5, DOMINIQUE
Dec 9 8:48 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18