Ball State holds on for 68-63 victoryDec 10, 2009 - 4:45 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Ball State got 16 points from Jarrod Jones and held off Indiana State down the stretch Wednesday for a 68-63 victory.
The Cardinals (3-3) led by as many as 16 points in the second half before Indiana State (5-3) rallied to take a 59-58 lead with 3:06 remaining on a layup by Dwayne Lathan. Ball State answered with a 6-2 run, then hit four straight free throws in the final 12 seconds to secure the win.
Jauwan Scaife had 14 points and Randy Davis added 11 points and eight rebounds for Ball State.
Indiana State got more points from its bench (32) than its starters (31), including a team-high 16 from Lathan. Starter Harry Marshall added 14 for the Sycamores.
Ball State, which led 31-23 at halftime, shot 51.1 percent from the field and was 4 for 6 from 3-point range. Indiana State shot 42.6 percent.
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 68
INDIANA ST 63 FINAL
Dec 9 10:17 PM
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 31
INDIANA ST 23 HALFTIME
Dec 9 9:08 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20