Portland State routs Division III opponent 85-52Dec 10, 2009 - 5:18 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Jamie Jones had 10 points and 11 rebounds Wednesday to lead Portland State to an 85-52 win over Linfield College.
Melvin Jones, Dominic Waters and Phil Nelson led the Vikings (4-4) with 11 points each while Chris Harriel added 10 points off the bench. Jamie Jones also had four blocked shots.
Joel Paul led Linfield (1-4) with 12 points and Cody Tesoro added 10.
Portland State wasted little time cranking up its offense against the Division III Wildcats, jumping out to a 19-5 lead after Melvin Jones' lay-in with 14:56 left in the first half. The Vikings led by as many as 36 points in the second half after a 19-0 run put the game away for good.
Portland State outshot Linfield 48 percent to 31 percent and owned a 47-30 rebounding advantage.
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Garcia leads Seattle past Portland State 93-80 Mar 4
- Waters, Portland State upend Weber State 84-79 Feb 28
- Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63 Feb 27
- Northern Colorado edges Portland State, 64-61 Feb 20
- Northern Arizona prevails 86-85 in double overtime Feb 18
- Montana St. 79, Portland St. 71 Feb 14
- Howard leads Montana State to 79-71 victory Feb 14