Wright leads Dayton past Old Dominion 58-50Dec 12, 2009 - 3:01 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright had 16 points and 12 rebounds to help Dayton hold off Old Dominion 58-50 on Friday night.
The Flyers (7-2), who began a four-game homestand, took their 24th straight home court victory. The streak ties Dayton with Siena for third among Division I schools. Kansas has 47 and Pittsburgh is second with 25.
Wright is 31-0 at home for the Flyers, who won their fifth game in a row.
With Dayton leading 32-27 with 16:07 left, the Monarchs (6-4) used an 8-0 run to pull ahead 35-32. Wright tied it up on a three-point play, the first of his 10 straight points, giving the Flyers a 42-37 lead with 10:19 left.
Old Dominion could get no closer than one the rest of the way.
Wright had seven turnovers in the first half, none in the second. Marcus Johnson added 12 points for Dayton.
Gerald Lee scored 15 points for the Monarchs and Keyon Carter had 12 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 50
DAYTON 58 FINAL
Dec 11 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 25
DAYTON 28 HALFTIME
Dec 11 7:57 PM
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15