Sacred Heart uses late run to beat Hartford 76-65Dec 12, 2009 - 2:46 AM HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan had 29 points and Sacred Heart outscored Hartford 10-0 down the stretch for a 76-65 win on Friday night.
The Pioneers led 66-65 and scored 10 unanswered points throughout the remaining 6:01.
Sacred Heart (5-3) was 8 of 12 from the free throw line during the stretch, including 4 of 5 by Chauncey Hardy, who finished with 17 points.
The Hawks (2-9) missed seven field goals, including two 3-pointers as the Pioneers pulled away.
Joe Zeglinski put Hartford ahead 30-25 on a 3 with 5:01 left in the first half. But the Pioneers answered with a 13-8 run, including three long-distance shots for a tie at 38 at halftime.
Hassan, averaging 23.7 points per game, was 9 of 14 from 3-point range. The Pioneers shot 41.9 percent from behind the 3-point arc (13 of 31) for the game.
Zeglinski scored 25 points for the Hawks, who lost their seventh straight.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Hartford edges Albany 85-79 in OT Feb 28
- Sacred Heart beats Monmouth NJ 68-63 Feb 27