Santa Clara rallies past Dominican, Calif. 69-65Dec 12, 2009 - 7:00 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Marc Trasolini scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Santa Clara came from behind to defeat Dominican, California 69-65 on Friday night.
Robert Smith added 16 points for the Broncos (5-4).
Austin Bryan led Dominican (2-6), an NCAA Division II team, with 16 points, while Alex Ward had 13 and Killian Larson had 12.
The Broncos last week gave undefeated UNLV, now ranked No. 18, a scare before falling 66-63.
But they trailed 37-32 at halftime Friday and by as many as 10 points in the opening half before rallying to take a 62-52 lead with 5:28 left to play.
Dominican wouldn't quit. With 2:35 left, the Penguins closed the gap to 64-59 on Alex Ward's 3-pointer. Chris Cunningham's 3 with 24.6 seconds left cut the lead to 68-65.
With 7.3 seconds left, Santa Clara's Smith went to the line for two. He missed the first but made the second, making it 69-65.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24
- No. 24 Gonzaga tops Santa Clara to open WCC play Dec 28
- Gonzaga opens WCC slate against visiting Santa Clara Dec 28
- Santa Clara extends head coach Keating Oct 18