Lowe, Holland lead Boston U past Marist 88-73Dec 12, 2009 - 10:56 PM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Corey Lowe scored 27 points and John Holland added 21 to lead Boston University to an 88-73 win over Marist on Saturday.
Lowe, who finished with seven assists and six rebounds, shot 10 of 18 from the field and 7 of 10 from 3-point range for the Terriers (4-6). Tyler Morris finished with 14 points, while Jake O'Brien had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The Red Foxes (0-7) never posed a challenge against Boston, which took a 46-30 lead on Lowe's 3-pointer with 2:53 left in the first half. The Terriers pushed their margin to 22 - their largest of the game - with 7:33 to play on another 3 by Lowe.
Candon Rusin led Marist with 15 points, Rob Johnson scored 13 and Devin Price added 12.
Boston went 15-for-25 from 3-point range (60 percent) for the game, while going 32-for-57 from the field (56.1 percent).
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- No. 25 Harvard downs BU Dec 10
- Area rivals meet in clash between Crimson and Terriers Dec 10
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Jones leaves BC for BU Jun 23