Central Connecticut St. beats Albany (NY) 70-68Dec 12, 2009 - 10:35 PM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Vince Rosario scored 17 points, including a 3-pointer in overtime, and Central Connecticut State beat Albany (N.Y.) 70-68 in overtime on Saturday.
With the Blue Devils (3-5) leading 64-63, Rosario hit a 3-pointer followed by two free throws by Shemik Thompson to push the lead to 69-63. Thompson scored 16 points, Robby Ptacek had 12, and David Simmons had 11 points and 16 rebounds.
The Great Danes (4-7), cut the lead to 69-68 on a dunk by Scotty McRae with 6 seconds remaining. The Great Danes fouled immediately, and Joe Seymore made one of two free throws to give the Blue Devils a 70-68 lead. Albany had a chance to tie, but Tim Ambrose missed a jumper at the buzzer.
The Great Danes, who have lost four of their past five games, were led by Ambrose with 16 points. Mike Johnson added 12 points, and Brett Gifford and Fran Uhrli each scored 10 for the Great Danes.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 70 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 12 4:10 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 60 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Dec 12 3:46 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 31 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:52 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20