Long leads George Mason past Creighton 75-72Dec 12, 2009 - 9:04 PM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Cam Long scored 22 points and George Mason rallied late to beat Creighton 75-72 on Saturday.
Long hit 1 of 2 free throws after a technical foul was called on Blue Jays coach Dana Altman with 18 seconds remaining to give George Mason its first lead since the 19:34 mark of the second half. Luke Hancocks dunk off a steal by Andre Cornelius put George Mason (5-5) up 75-72 with 5 seconds left to play.
Justin Carters 3-point attempt at the buzzer rimmed out as the Blue Jays (3-5), who led for the majority of the second half, remained winless away from home.
Long had 22 points while Ryan Pearson added 17 points, 10 rebounds and four steals for George Mason, which took a 34-33 lead into halftime. PAllen Stinnett had 21 points for Creighton.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 75 FINAL
Dec 12 3:20 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 34 HALFTIME
Dec 12 1:54 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17