Valparaiso races past Toledo for 81-49 victoryDec 12, 2009 - 10:39 PM VALPARAISO, Ind.(AP) -- Brandon McPherson and Cory Johnson scored 15 points each to lead Valparaiso to a 81-49 victory against Toledo on Saturday.
Johnson added nine rebounds, and Brandon Wood had 13 points for the Crusaders (4-6), who bounced back after consecutive losses against ranked schools Butler and Purdue.
Jordan Dressler and Malcolm Griffin had nine points apiece for Toledo (3-8). The Rockets, whose only lead was 2-0, shot 37 percent (17 of 46) from the floor and had 18 turnovers.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18