Loyola of Chicago defeats San Francisco, 66-63Dec 13, 2009 - 12:02 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Geoff McCammon scored 21 points and Loyola of Chicago held off San Francisco on Saturday, 66-63.
Andy Polka scored 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Ramblers (6-2). McCammon was 9-for-13 from the field.
Dior Lowhorn scored 20 points to lead San Francisco (3-7). Angelo Caloiaro scored 11, Kwame Vaughn 10 and Perris Blackwell had nine points and nine rebounds for the Dons.
Loyola led after McCammon's shot gave the Ramblers an early 8-7 lead, but never led by more than 11 points. The lead was down to one point three times in the second half, including 64-63 in the final seconds, but Terrance Hill made two free throws after a technical foul was called against the San Francisco bench. Caloiaro missed a 3-pointer that would have forced overtime.
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 63
LOYOLA CHI 66 FINAL
Dec 12 6:20 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 31
LOYOLA CHI 36 HALFTIME
Dec 12 5:02 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18