Arizona State beats Delaware State 76-34Dec 12, 2009 - 11:06 PM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Derek Glasser had 14 points and nine assists and Victor Rudd had a career-high 15 points to lead a balanced attack as Arizona State overwhelmed Delaware State 76-34 on Saturday.
The Sun Devils (7-3) took control with a 23-0 run that began six minutes into the game to take a 32-8 lead.
Glasser made two of Arizona State's 10 3-point field goals and committed only one turnover.
Rudd, a reserve forward who was ineligible for the first three games of the season, made 6 of 7 field-goal attempts and had three 3-pointers while playing in the later stages. Rudd had seven points in four previous games.
Frisco Sandidge led Delaware State (4-4) with 12 points, and Marcus Neal had 11. The Hornets shot 25 percent from the field.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DELAWARE STATE 12 22 34
ARIZONA STATE 42 34 76 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: DELAWARE STATE - FRISCO SANDIDGE 12, MARCUS NEAL 8,
TREVOR WELCHER 4
ARIZONA STATE - VICTOR RUDD 15, DEREK GLASSER 14, TRENT
Dec 12 5:38 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 12
ARIZONA ST 42 HALFTIME
Dec 12 4:44 PM
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9
- ASU fires Sendek Mar 24
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14