UCF defeats Bethune-Cookman 63-50Dec 13, 2009 - 12:36 AM ORLANDO, Fla.(AP) -- A.J. Tyler scored 18 points to help Central Florida defeat Bethune-Cookman 63-50 on Saturday.
Tyler shot 7-for-11 for the Knights (7-2) and led four players in double-figure scoring. Isaac Sosa scored 13, A.J. Rompza had 12 and P.J. Gaynor chipped in with 10 points and nine rebounds.
UCF shot 55 percent in the first half (11-for-20) and led 30-23 at halftime.
Late in the second half, Bethune-Cookman's C.J. Reed nailed a 3-pointer to cut UCF's lead to 53-50 with 2:27 remaining. But the Wildcats wouldn't score again, and were outscored 10-0 the rest of the way. Bethune-Cookman shot 0-for-2 in the final 2 minutes, and committed three late turnovers.
The Wildcats (5-4) were led by Reed, who scored 12 points and dished out six assists. The loss snapped the Wildcats' four-game win streak.
- NCAA BB
BETHUNE COOKMAN 50
UCF 63 FINAL
Dec 12 6:58 PM
- NCAA BB
BETHUNE COOKMAN 23
UCF 30 HALFTIME
Dec 12 5:50 PM
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- No. 13 Cincinnati sneaks past UCF Mar 14
- AAC quarterfinals pits Bearcats against Knights Mar 13
- No. 23 SMU routs UCF Mar 1
- Knights come calling on 23rd-ranked Mustangs Mar 1