Drake beats Binghamton in final seconds 77-76Dec 13, 2009 - 1:58 AM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Josh Young sank two free throws with four seconds left to lift Drake to a thrilling 77-76 win over Binghamton on Saturday night in the Drake Invitational.
The game was tied seven times in the final 7 1/2 minutes, and the Bearcats (3-7) took their last lead on a 3-pointer by Dylan Talley with 12 seconds to go to, making it 75-76.
But Umur Peten fouled Young at the four-second mark, setting up the Bulldogs (5-5) to tie it and win.
Young finished with 16 points, including hitting all six of his free-throw tries. Seth VanDeest led the Bulldogs with 21 points while Adam Templeton added 16.
The Bearcats were down 25-34 at halftime, but took a 51-43 scoring advantage in the second half by shooting nearly 70 percent from the field .
Chretien Lukusa paced the Bearcats with 21 points, including five 3-pointers. Talley added 17.
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- Baker lifts No. 16 Wichita State past Drake Dec 31
- Bulldogs host Shockers in MVC action Dec 31
- Iowa State crushes Drake Dec 20
- 13th-ranked Cyclones clash with Bulldogs Dec 20
- Cotton, Wichita State rout Drake Feb 23
- Shockers seek MVC title in battle with Bulldogs Feb 22
- No. 5 Wichita State cruises past Drake Jan 26