Loyola Marymount surprises Notre Dame 87-85Dec 13, 2009 - 2:15 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Jarred DuBois hit a 3-pointer with 8 seconds left to lift Loyola Marymount to an 87-85 victory over Notre Dame on Saturday night.
A 3-pointer by Ben Hansbrough with 1:50 left had given the Irish (9-2) an 85-82 lead. But the Lions cut the lead to one when Vernon Teel scored on a fast-break layup after stealing the ball from Hansbrough.
After an exchange of possessions, Tim Abromaitis was called for a 5-second violation when he couldn't get the ball in, giving the ball back to the Lions. That's when Dubois, who finished with 12, hit the 3.
Jackson had a chance to tie it, but his jumper with 2 seconds left missed, and Drew Viney got the rebound.
Teel led the Lions (4-7) with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Luke Harangody had 24 points and 11 rebounds for Notre Dame.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 87
NOTRE DAME 85 FINAL
Dec 12 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 44
NOTRE DAME 45 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:50 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17