Long Beach State tops Cal State Monterey Bay 96-61Dec 13, 2009 - 2:49 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- Stephan Gilling scored a career-high 28 points to lead five Long Beach State players in double figures as the 49ers defeated Cal State Monterey Bay 96-61 Saturday.
Greg Plater added 17 points, T.J. Robinson had 13, Larry Anderson 11 and Casper Ware 10 for the 49ers (5-4).
Jamelle Tolliver led the Otters (2-4) with 12 points while Brandon Ward had 10.
Gilling scored 24 of his points on 3s, finishing 8 of 14 from long range. Long Beach State hit 12 3-pointers in the first half to build a 61-37 advantage.
A 13-0 run in the second half gave the 49ers their biggest lead, 91-51. They went up 13-2 early and led by double digits the rest of the way.
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4
- VCU rebounds with win over Long Beach State Nov 22
- Rams seek quick turnaround in clash with 49ers Nov 22