Northern Iowa surges past Siena for 82-65 victoryDec 13, 2009 - 4:11 AM CEDAR FALLS, Iowa(AP) -- Ali Farokhmanesh scored 15 points to lead a balanced offensive attack and Northern Iowa defeated Siena 82-65 Saturday night.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe and Jordan Eglseder each added 14, and Johnny Moran and Adam Koch had 12 apiece for the Panthers (7-1), who won their sixth straight.
Edwin Ubiles led the Saints (6-4) with 19 points while Ronald Moore had 16 and Alex Franklin 15.
Leading 56-53 with 8:49 remaining, Northern Iowa went on an 18-5 run to take control of the game.
The first half featured seven lead changes, and the Panthers went into intermission up 33-30. There were four more lead changes in the first four minutes of the second half. Northern Iowa went ahead for good on a 3-pointer by Moran, which gave them a 42-40 advantage.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8