Durley lifts Wichita State to 80-68 win over TCUDec 13, 2009 - 3:33 AM WICHITA, Kan.(AP) -- J.T. Durley tied his career high with 19 points Saturday night to lead Wichita State to an 80-68 victory over Texas Christian.
The Shockers (9-1), who never trailed, also got 17 points from Toure Murry and 16 from Clevin Hannah.
TCU (5-5) was led by Zvonko Buljan's 29 points.
Murry hit two 3-pointers in the first two minutes to give Wichita State an 8-1 lead. Another Murry 3 started an 11-1 run later in the first half, pushing the advantage to 26-12.
Wichita State still led by 14 early in the second half before TCU made a move. Greg Hill sparked the Horned Frogs, hitting four 3-pointers in an eight-minute span, one of which cut the Shockers' lead to 53-51 with 10:34 remaining. Hill scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half.
The Shockers maintained control at the free throw line, making 25 of 28 in the game.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28
- Grady hurt in No. 20 Wichita State loss to Alabama Nov 27
- No. 10 Shockers enter season with high expectations again Nov 3