Johnson, La.-Lafayette defeat Fla. Atlantic 81-74Dec 12, 2009 - 11:07 PM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 23 points, including two jumpers with less than 2 minutes left, as Louisiana-Lafayette held off Florida Atlantic 81-74 on Saturday after losing a 14-point first-half lead.
Travis Bureau added 19 points for the Ragin' Cajuns (3-4, 1-0 Sun Belt), who shot 50 percent (7-for-14) from 3-point range in the first half and scored 15 points off turnovers to lead 45-34 at intermission.
Raymond Taylor, who led Florida Atlantic (4-4, 0-1) with 23 points, scored three free throws during a 7-0 second-half run that gave the Owls their only lead of the final 20 minutes, 58-57, with 8:44 remaining.
Randell Daigle's jumper gave the lead back to the Ragin' Cajuns, but Florida Atlantic trailed just 69-67 with 2:07 left. Johnson made it 71-67 with a jumper with 1:52 remaining and, after a free throw by the Owls' Brett Royster, hit another at the 1:03 mark to make it 73-68.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 74
UL LAFAYETTE 81 FINAL
Dec 12 4:16 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 34
UL LAFAYETTE 45 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:58 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22