Southeast Missouri wins 116-60Dec 13, 2009 - 4:04 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Derek Thompson's 23-point performance off the bench helped Southeast Missouri beat Williams Baptist 116-60 Saturday night.
This was the Redhawks (4-7) largest margin of victory since joining NCAA Division I level in 1991-92.
The Redhawks tied a school record with 16 3-point field goals made. Thompson led the team making 6 of 10 3 pointers. Marland Smith made 3 of 9 3's and had 19 points and 5 assists. Lucas Nutt had his first career double-double with 10 points and 12 assists.
Williams Baptist (6-7) was led by reserve Kyle Harvey, who scored 13 points. Wes Livingston had 12 points.
The Redhawks dominated the paint grabbing 50 rebounds to 25. They outscored Williams Baptist 40-22 in the paint.
Southeast Missouri also managed to force 25 turnovers and covert that into 35 points. They only turned the ball over 13 times.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAMS BAPTST 60
SE MISSOURI 116 FINAL
Dec 12 10:37 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAMS BAPTST 26
SE MISSOURI 59 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:42 PM
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16
- Racers and Redhawks duke it out in OVC action Feb 15
- Murray State stays perfect in win over Redhawks Feb 2
- No.10 Murray State meets SEMO in OVC action Feb 2
- Tigers open season with win over Redhawks Nov 12
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks in season opener Nov 11