Green lifts Colorado State to 62-61 victoryDec 13, 2009 - 4:44 AM FORT COLLINS, Colo.(AP) -- Dorian Green hit two free throws with 9.6 seconds left and scored 18 points to help Colorado State edge Montana 62-61 Saturday night.
Green, who was 5 for 9 from the free-throw line, was fouled on a driving layup and calmly converted the free throws.
Montana (6-4) had two chances to win it, but Anthony Johnson's shot hit the side of the backboard and Derek Selvig missed a tip-in at the buzzer.
Adam Nigon had a career-high 17 points, and Travis Franklin added 11 for the Rams(7-3), winners of five of six.
Johnson led Montana with 19 points. Selvig and Jack McGillis had 10 each.
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 62 FINAL
Dec 12 11:27 PM
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 30 HALFTIME
Dec 12 10:18 PM
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- CSU extends men's basketball coach Eustachy Nov 21
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31