Johnson's late basket lifts San Diego to 59-56 winDec 13, 2009 - 4:27 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Brandon Johnson hit a 17-foot straight-away jumper with 29 seconds left Saturday to break a tie and help San Diego beat Boise State 59-56.
Johnson added a free throw with 7.5 seconds left as the Toreros (5-6) ended a five-game losing streak.
Boise State (5-4) had an opportunity to tie the game but a 3-point shot by Anthony Thomas failed to hit the rim as time ran out.
Roberto Mafra had 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead San Diego. De'Jon Jackson also scored 14 for the Toreros.
La'Shard Anderson led Boise State with 13 points. Daequon Montreal added 12 and Robert Arnold had 10.
Boise State led by eight points at halftime but San Diego began the second half with a 19-8 run to take a 38-35 lead with 12:46 left.
San Diego shot 55.6 percent (5 of 9) from 3-point range in the second half.
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 59
BOISE ST 56 FINAL
Dec 12 11:06 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 19
BOISE ST 27 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:54 PM
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28