Rhode Island defeats Boston College 80-69Dec 14, 2009 - 2:02 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Keith Cothran scored 19 points and Delroy James added 15 to lead Rhode Island to an 80-69 win over Boston College on Sunday night.
Lamonte Ulmer had 13 points and Akeem Richmond added 11 for the Rams (8-1).
Rhode Island, which plays in the Atlantic-10 conference, hit nine of 15 3-pointers. The Eagles (6-4) were just 3 for 17 from 3-point range.
Rakim Sanders, who missed the last six games with a sprained ankle and served a two-game suspension, finished with 14 points for Boston College.
It was the Eagles' second straight loss against an opponent from a weaker conference, after falling 74-67 to Harvard on Wednesday.
Joe Trapani had 13 points, and Biko Paris and Corey Raji added 10 each for the Eagles.
Boston College forward Tyler Roche limped to the locker room late in the first half and did not return.
- NCAA BB
RHODE ISLAND 80
BOSTON COLLEGE 69 FINAL
Dec 13 8:40 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
RHODE ISLAND 33 33
BOSTON COLLEGE 25 25 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
RHODE ISLAND - AKEEM RICHMOND 9, KEITH COTHRAN 8, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 5
BOSTON COLLEGE - RAKIM SANDERS 11, COREY RAJI 4,
TYLER ROCHE 4
Dec 13 7:30 PM
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21
- Irish set sights on Eagles in ACC affair Feb 21
- Miami-Boston College game moved to Monday Feb 15