Fairfield beats Sacred Heart 93-77Dec 13, 2009 - 11:42 PM BRIDGEPORT, Conn.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 21 points and Derek Needham recorded a double-double, leading Fairfield in a 93-77 win over Sacred Heart on Sunday.
Needham had 19 points and grabbed 14 rebounds and Yorel Hawkins scored 17 for the Stags (8-2), who have won four straight.
Mike Evanovich, Lyndon Jordan and Ryan Olander scored 10 points apiece for Fairfield.
Corey Hassan dropped in a layup in the game's first minute to give Sacred Heart its first and final lead at 2-0. The Stags went on a 16-5 run to take a commanding lead and never looked back. Hawkins scored seven of his 17 points during the early run.
The Stags led by 10 points at halftime and outscored the Pioneers (5-4) in the second half to seal the win.
Fairfield hit 31 of 37 foul shots compared to the Pioneers, who went just 6 of 14 at the line.
Chauncey Hardy paced Sacred Heart with 16 points.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23
- Hall of Fame Tip Off pits Cardinals against Stags Nov 23
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- Connecticut shakes off Fairfield Dec 22
- No.8 Huskies host Stags in Hartford Dec 22