Drexel shuts down St. Francis 57-35Dec 13, 2009 - 9:11 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Samme Givens had a career-high 24 points and 16 rebounds as Drexel routed St. Francis (Pa.) 57-35 on Sunday.
In his first start of the season, Givens was 9-for-11 from the field and the Dragons (5-5) shot 40 percent for the game (22-for-55).
It was the lowest point total allowed by the Dragons since a 73-37 win over Florida Gulf Coast in the 2006 season opener. The Dragons led 25-9 at halftime, the lowest total allowed in a half in school history.
The Dragons, who have won two straight, built their largest lead at 45-19 with 8:38 to play in the game on a layup by Jamie Harris, who had nine points. The Dragons led by at least 20 points for the final 13 minutes.
The Red Flash (3-6) shot only 26.9 percent (14-for-52) from the field and missed all 13 of their 3-point attempts.
Devin Sweetney led the Red Flash with 15 points and seven rebounds.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Alford era begins, as Bruins battle Dragons Nov 8
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- In like Flint: Drexel extends contract of men's basketball coach Mar 26
- VCU downs Drexel to win CAA title Mar 6