Middle Tennessee beats SIU-Edwardsville 83-58Dec 14, 2009 - 12:36 AM MURFEESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Rod Emanuel scored 20 points and Middle Tennessee defeated Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 83-58 on Sunday.
The Blue Raiders (4-6) used a 17-5 first-half run to help snap a three-game losing streak.
Anthony Mitchell made a 3-pointer with 11:12 left in the first half to pull the Cougars (2-8) within 16-13. But Middle Tennessee was sparked by nine points from Emanuel, who capped the run on a layup with 2:58 left until halftime for a 33-18 lead.
The Blue Raiders led 36-24 after shooting 66.7 percent from 3-point range (4 of 6) in the first half.
Middle Tennessee shot 50.9 percent from the field in the game (29 of 57), including an 8-of-12 performance from Montario Haddock, who finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
James Washington added 11 points for the Blue Raiders.
Denykco Bowles scored 12 points, Kevin Stineman 11 and Stephen Jones 10 for the Cougars.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 58, Middle Tennessee 83 FinalDec 13 7:40 PM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 58
MIDDLE TENN 83 FINAL
Dec 13 6:52 PM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 24
MIDDLE TENN 36 HALFTIME
Dec 13 5:46 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19