Wake Forest defeats Elon 90-50Dec 13, 2009 - 9:20 PM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Freshman Ari Stewart scored 16 points off the bench and Al-Farouq Aminu added 11 points and 10 rebounds as Wake Forest rolled past Elon 90-50 on Sunday.
Ishmael Smith and Gary Clark added 12 points each and L.D. Williams had 10 for the Demon Deacons (6-2). Wake Forest led by 13 points at the half and by as many as 44 in the second half en route to winning its second straight game.
Chris Long scored 11 points and Drew Spradlin had 10 for the Phoenix (3-7), who shot just 31 percent from the field in losing for the fifth time in their last six games.
Meanwhile, Wake Forest shot 52.8 percent from the field and outrebounded smaller Elon 53-27.
- Wake Forest adds 2nd grad transfer, Matt Williams from UCF Apr 27
- Wake adds grad transfer Austin Arians from Milwaukee Apr 20
- Manning: 2 Wake Forest men's basketball players to transfer Mar 15
- After another losing season, Wake turns focus to future Mar 9
- Wake Forest suspends Thomas, dismisses Hudson from hoop team Feb 19
- 'It just hurts': Frustrated Wake Forest hopes for turnaround Jan 27
- Wilbekin, Crawford taking on bigger role at Wake Forest Nov 4
- Wake Forest suspends Hudson, Watson from hoop team Oct 31
- Wake expects improvement in Manning's second season Oct 26
- Wake Forest Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Wake Forest G Miller-McIntyre out 4-6 weeks with broken foot Oct 19
- No. 3 Duke routs Wake Forest Mar 4