Campbell 59, N.C.-Wilmington 79Dec 15, 2009 - 2:45 AM WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) -- Chad Tomko tied his season high with 21 points and North Carolina-Wilmington beat Campbell for the eighth time in the last nine tries, 79-59 on Monday night.
Montez Downey added 11 points as the only other player in double figures for the Seahawks (4-5), who lead the all-time series versus Campbell 55-40. UNC-Wilmington has won three of its last four.
Tomko was 6-for-9 from the floor, including sinking a pair of 3s, and went 7-for-7 from the foul line. Downey also hit two 3-pointers for the Seahawks, who finished 9-for-21 from long range.
The Camels (5-3) went 0-for-6 from beyond the arc.
Tomko's game-opening 3 sparked a 9-0 run by the Seahawks and they never looked back. UNC-Wilmington led by 23 points at halftime and 54-30 midway through the second half before emptying the bench.
Miles Taylor was the only Camels player in double figures, scoring 13.
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7