Nicholls State routs Mobile 81-60Dec 15, 2009 - 3:48 AM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose scored 25 points and Chris Iles added 21 for Nicholls State in an 81-60 win over Mobile on Monday night.
Bose, ranked No. 34 in the nation with 179 points in the Colonels' 10 games, scored his 1,000th point.
Bose was 8-of-13 shooting to pace Nicholls State (3-8), which shot 61.7 percent from the field (29 of 47).
The Colonels shot 76 percent (19 of 22) in the first half, and scored 24 points on 15 Mobile turnovers to build a 51-31 halftime lead.
The Rams, who are ranked No. 18 in the NAIA in scoring at 84.29 points per game, turned the ball over 21 times in the contest.
It was the third straight game the Colonels defeated an NAIA team, after opening the season with eight straight losses.
The Rams (5-2) were led by Donte Walker with 17 points and Robert Golston with 11 points and six rebounds.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17
- Colonels come calling on 14th-ranked Tigers Nov 16
- North Carolina handles Nicholls State Dec 19
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with Tar Heels Dec 19