LSU beats Southeastern Louisiana 77-60Dec 15, 2009 - 3:14 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Tasmin Mitchell scored 24 points and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds as LSU defeated Southeastern Louisiana 77-60 on Monday night.
Mitchell made nine of his 18 field goal attempts and five of his six foul shots. Bo Spencer added 21 points and five assists for the Tigers (6-2). Spencer made three of LSU's season-best seven 3-pointers.
Storm Warren collected his sixth double-double of the season with 14 points and 12 rebounds for LSU. Warren made six of his nine field goal attempts. The Tigers matched their season high by shooting 47.3 percent from the field (26-for-55).
Patrick Sullivan was the lone player in double figures for the Lions (6-2) with 19 points and 13 boards.
LSU took control of the game in the second half, padding its three-point halftime lead by outscoring Southeastern Louisiana 15-3 in the first 6 1/2 minutes of the period.
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- LSU's Mickey declares for NBA Draft Mar 31
- LSU sophomore Martin to enter NBA Draft Mar 25
- NC State stuns LSU on buzzer-beater Mar 20