Florida State defeats Georgia State 62-55Dec 16, 2009 - 2:25 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Solomon Alabi scored a career-high 22 points to lead Florida State past Georgia State 62-55 on Tuesday night.
The Seminoles (8-2) led by as many as 17 points in the second half, but the Panthers (5-6) cut the margin to four on Trae Goldston's jumper with 1:43 remaining. Goldston's jumper with 32 seconds left fell short and Florida State iced the game from the free throw line.
The Seminoles switched between hot and cold for most of the game. They led by as many as 15 in the first half, pulling away from the Panthers with a 19-2 run over a 7:17 span. Yet Florida State scored just seven points in the half's final 9 minutes.
Alabi tied a career-high with six blocks, and freshman Michael Snaer added 10 points for Florida State, which has won five of its past six games.
Joe Dukes led Georgia State with 22 points and six rebounds.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 55
FLORIDA ST 62 FINAL
Dec 15 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 24
FLORIDA ST 30 HALFTIME
Dec 15 7:56 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26
- Leonard Hamilton gets 2-year extension at Florida State Feb 24