Central Arkansas takes 72-55 win over Harris-StoweDec 16, 2009 - 3:43 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Tadre Sheppard scored a career-high 23 points and matched his career-best 16 rebounds to boost Central Arkansas to a 72-55 win over Harris-Stowe on Tuesday night.
Every starter for Bears (5-5), including Sheppard, scored double digits as the team won their fourth game in a row after starting the season 1-5.
Jared Rehmel scored 13, Imad Qahwash added 10 and Mitch Rueter and Chris Poellnitz each finished with 11. It was the first time this season the Bears had five players in double figures.
The Hornets (7-4) made a big scoring run with a little more than 13 minutes left to cut the Bears lead to just two points at 41-39. But the Bears quickly pulled ahead again, leading by no less than 10 in the final 5 1/2 minutes.
Terry Hollins and Robert Mumphard each finished with 13 points for Harris-Stowe.
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 76-72 Mar 6
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49 Mar 3
- SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60 Feb 27
- Nicholls State knocks off Central Arkansas 68-51 Feb 24
- Texas-Arlington defeats Central Arkansas, 71-47 Feb 20