Baylor wins 90-60 over Jackson StateDec 16, 2009 - 3:40 AM WACO, Texas(AP) -- Tweety Carter scored 22 of his 27 points in the first half, and Quincy Acy put on a dunking exhibition in the second as Baylor beat Jackson State 90-60.
Acy had five dunks in a seven-minute stretch of the second half en route to a career-high 20 points. Anthony Jones added 12 for Baylor (8-1).
De'Suan Dixon had 19 points for Jackson State (0-7), and Phillip Williams added a career-high 17 (surpassing his season total by three points).
Carter drained three straight 3-pointers as Baylor jumped to an 18-6 lead. He added 11 points in the final 3:30 of the half. Carter closed the half with five points in the final five-seconds, making a pair of free throws, stealing the inbound pass and nailing another 3-pointer at the buzzer as the Bears took a 49-31 lead into the break.
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Texas fights off No. 14 Baylor in OT Mar 2