Seattle wins 82-81 over UC IrvineDec 16, 2009 - 5:33 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Charles Garcia scored 29 points, and hit two free-throws with 15.6 seconds left in the game to give Seattle an 82-81 victory over UC Irvine on Tuesday night.
The Redhawks (6-5) won its 14th straight home game, dating back to last season. Irvine (5-4) had a three-game winning streak snapped.
The Anteaters never got off a chance at a game-winning basket. Michael Hunter, who finished with 23 points, lost the ball dribbling with five-seconds remaining. Garrett Lever scooped it up for Seattle and raced downcourt to run out the remaining time.
Alex Jones added 16 points for Seattle. Garcia had a double-double, pulling down 13 rebounds.
Darren Moore had 12 points for UC Irvine. Eric Wise and Mike Wilder chipped in 10 apiece.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7