Florida Gulf Coast defeats NC Central 76-67Dec 17, 2009 - 2:28 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- Reed Baker scored 14 points to lead four players in double figures as Florida Gulf Coast defeated North Carolina Central 76-67 on Wednesday night.
Florida Gulf Coast (3-6) shot only 43.5 percent from the field (27-for-62), but took advantage of North Carolina Central's 37.7 percent shooting (23-for-61) to win its third straight game.
Florida Gulf Coast took the lead for good at 61-60 on Derrick O'Neil's layup with 5:58 left and built its advantage to 66-60 on another O'Neil layup.
North Carolina Central (2-8) scored five straight points, but Florida Gulf Coast pulled away in the final 2:19.
Reggie Chambers added 12 points and 11 assists, and O'Neil and Eddie Murray scored 11 each for Florida Gulf Coast.
C.J. Wilkerson led North Carolina Central with 26 points, going 8-for-14 from the field. Nick Chasten added 12 points and T.J. Granger scored 10 points.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 76
NC CENTRAL 67 FINAL
Dec 16 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 39
NC CENTRAL 39 HALFTIME
Dec 16 7:52 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9