Sim's 19 points lead Oregon past MVSU 79-51Dec 17, 2009 - 5:29 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Oregon guard Garrett Sim had 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Ducks in a 79-51 victory against Mississippi Valley State Wednesday night.
Sim, making his first start of the season, made 5 of 9 3-pointers and was 6 of 12 from the field overall. Jamil Wilson also scored 12 points for the Ducks (5-4) and Jeremy Jacobs had 11 points.
Julius Cheeks led MVSU (1-9) with 21 points and hit 5 of 9 3-pointers.
Sim, who started 26 games as a freshman last season, was part of a new-look Oregon lineup against the Delta Devils. The Ducks opened the game with their three top scorers on the bench.
But they broke the game open with a 13-0 run early in the first half to take a 21-11 lead, and Oregon was up 40-24 at the break.
Sim hit four 3-pointers in the final 12:41 as the Ducks took advantage of MVSU's poor shooting to lead by as many as 31 points.
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 51
OREGON 79 FINAL
Dec 16 11:51 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY S 24 24
OREGON 40 40 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE - JULIUS CHEEKS 11, AMOS STUDIVANT 8,
RICKY LAMB 5
OREGON - JEREMY JACOB 8, DREW WILEY 6,
JAMIL WILSON 6
Dec 16 10:48 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30