Cooper, Ohio University beat Illinois State 75-57Dec 17, 2009 - 2:58 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- D.J. Cooper scored 18 points, including eight during a late first-half stretch, as Ohio University defeated Illinois State 75-57 on Wednesday night.
The Bobcats (6-3) led 18-17 with 5:04 left in the first half after a layup and free throw by Dinma Odiakosa, who paced the Redbirds (7-2) with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
After a jumper by Reggie Keely put Ohio ahead 20-17 with 4:38 remaining, Cooper added a layup 29 seconds later to make it 22-17. Cooper's 3-pointer made it 25-19 with 3:37 left and he closed the half with another 3-pointer for a 28-23 lead 25 seconds before intermission.
The Bobcats began the second half with a 22-7 run to lead 50-30 with 10:13 remaining and led by at least 13 the rest of the way.
Armon Bassett added 14 points and Steven Coleman and Jay Kinney 10 apiece for the Bobcats, who won for the 30th time in their last 31 nonconference home games.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Second-half surge carries Shockers past Illinois State Jan 22