Stanley lifts Loyola of Chicago over Bradley 68-65Dec 17, 2009 - 3:46 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Courtney Stanley drained a 3-pointer from half-court as time expired to finish Loyola of Chicago's comeback from a 12-point deficit in a 68-65 victory over Bradley on Wednesday night.
The Ramblers' Terrance Hill led all scorers with 20, including five in a row in the final 1:31 that turned Bradley's five-point edge into a 65-65 tie preceding Stanley's winner. Walt Gibler went 10-for-10 from the line in scoring 12 for Loyola (7-2), and Ben Averkamp added 10.
Bradley (5-4), which was held scoreless for the last 3:02, got 17 points from Andrew Warren, 12 from Chris Roberts, 11 from Milos Knezevic and 10 from Sam Maniscalco.
The Braves outshot Loyola 48.9 percent to 40.7 and smoked the Ramblers from 3-point range, sinking 10 of 19 to Loyola's 6 of 22. But they couldn't overcome an 18-9 advantage at the line for Loyola, which won its third straight game.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 68
BRADLEY 65 FINAL
Dec 16 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 31
BRADLEY 42 HALFTIME
Dec 16 8:54 PM
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18