Creighton starts fast in 77-62 victoryDec 17, 2009 - 3:41 AM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- Creighton opened the game on a 24-6 run and never looked back Wednesday, defeating Savannah State 77-62.
Ethan Wragge had 18 points for the Bluejays (4-5), who improved to 4-0 at home. P'Allen Stinnett had 10 points and a career-high nine rebounds, while Kenny Lawson Jr. (12) and Wayne Runnels (11) also scored in double figures.
Darius Baugh led Savannah State (4-7) with 23 points. Rashad Hassan added 14 and Preston Blackmon had 10.
Creighton led 27-15 and never let the Tigers get closer than 12 points in the second half.
The Bluejays had a huge advantage at the free-throw line (21 of 26) and on 3-pointers (10 for 25). Savannah was just 6 for 9 from the line and 6 for 21 on 3-point attempts.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17
- Bluejays and Bulldogs meet in Big East brawl Feb 16
- Georgetown holds Creighton to 40 points Jan 31
- Bluejays host Hoyas in Big East action Jan 31