Hughes reaches milestone in 90-42 Wisconsin winDec 17, 2009 - 4:14 AM MADISON, Wis.(AP) -- Trevon Hughes scored 20 points Wednesday as Wisconsin breezed to a 90-42 win over Cal Poly.
Hughes' performance gave him 1,011 points for his career, making him the 34th player in Wisconsin history to surpass 1,000 points.
The Badgers (8-2) dominated the game from the start. Hughes hit a long two-pointer to put Wisconsin up 15-4 less than six minutes into the game, a Rob Wilson layup pushed the lead to 27-6 five minutes later and the Badgers led 51-19 by halftime.
Things didn't get much better for Cal Poly (3-6) in the second half as the Mustangs turned the ball over on their first five possessions and steadily fell farther behind.
Shawn Lewis scored 10 points to lead Cal Poly.
Jon Leuer added 15 points for Wisconsin, while Jason Bohannon and Keaton Nankivil each had 12.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Native sons Chryst, Gard lead Wisconsin's visible programs Mar 14